People suffering from unwanted health problems deserve to enjoy life again. If we don't have our health and don't feel well, it's very difficult to enjoy life. We help our patients by addressing their problems on the cellular level (where health begins), and support the body with targeted nutritional support to provide the body with the support it needs to function properly again. When our bodies are functioning properly, there are no symptoms. Our patients also benefit by the nutritional and lifestyle support we provide, so they are able to continue their journey into health empowered by the knowledge of what works for their body's needs.
Meet Dr. Gorla
As the only Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in the High Country, Dr. Gorla strives to help people understand the best doctor is their own body. When given the proper support, our bodies can often return to healthy function at most any age. His passion is to help people achieve and maintain their healthcare goals.
Dr. Gorla is a specialist with over 20 years of experience and understands the frustration of people who are trying to achieve wellness in a healthcare system that focuses on symptom management rather than identifying and addressing the root cause of the problem. He has incorporated consults with people all over the country to help them regain their health.
- DAOM, Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Emperors College of Traditional Oriental Medicine, Santa Monica, CA
- Concentrations in Immunology, Endocrinology, and Cardiology.
- Capstone Research & Literature Review Topic: Chinese Herbal Medicine efficacy in the treatment of asthma.
- Dr. Gorla is only one of a handful of clinicians in NC who has their Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and also has the distinction of also being a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, and specializes in functional medicine.
- MSOM, Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine
- Southwest Acupuncture College, 2001
- Advanced Clinical Training In: Women’s Health, Anxiety and Depression
- Integrated Oncology, Saint Vincent’s Hospital, Santa Fe, NM
- NMD, American Naturopathic Medical Institute
- Post-Graduate Degree Completed in 2013
Dr. Gorla has been asked to speak around the country as a wellness expert, including Harvard Universtiy on Type 2 Diabetes and on TV talk shows, like this one in San Diego as a nationally recognized wellness expert. For videos, click here.
Dr. Amanda J. Bilyk is a licensed Acupuncture Physician and Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) and joins our practice from the state of Florida, where she is a Primary Care Physician.
Dr. Bilyk holds a Diplomate Certification in Oriental Medicine from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and has both a Master of Science as well as a Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, holding certificates in injection and laser therapies. She is currently working on her Board Certification in Neuropathy.
She spent her childhood and teenage years learning homeopathy, aromatherapy, traditional remedies, mycology, and herbal medicine. In 2004, she began an immersive apprenticeship in Appalachian Medicine while concurrently completing her dual degree B.A. in Anthropology and Sociology at Warren Wilson College. In 2009, she moved to Peru to continue her education in herbal and alternative medicine traveling throughout Colombia, Peru, Chile, Bolivia, and Argentina. Dr. Bilyk has spent the last 14 years in an intensive apprenticeship with a traditional, indigenous doctor, studying traditional plants, the spiritual roots of disease, and the sacred medicine ways.
Her primary goal is an alternative, health education for patients and to create a bridge between the current, Western medical paradigm and the Eastern and Indigenous medical traditions. Dr. Bilyk believes education within the field of Oriental Medicine will instill a better future for the field, dedicating part of her time to burgeoning future physicians at multiple institutions including Lotus Professional College in Richmond, Virginia.