"After a lifetime of respiratory illness, including asthma, sinus infections, and pneumonia accompanied by extreme fatigue, I have found a healing answer, and I want you to hear about it. Yearly I've grown more dependent on antibiotics, inhaler's and steroids with limited results. My wife, who is a nurse, said, "we need to try something else." After just 3 three weeks of acupuncture treatment and Chinese Herbal Medicine, I feel 100% better. I've dealt with symptoms all my life, and now I am addressing the CAUSE of my problems under Dr. Gorla's care. I feel 1000% better with an abundance of energy that I thought was gone forever!"
Asthma is a breathing disorder characterized by spasms and swelling of the lungs.
What it feels like: weakness, fatigue, shortness of breath, cough, wheezing, difficulty inhaling, and chest heaviness as patients require extra effort to catch their breath, as though you just ran a long distance when perhaps you haven’t run at all.
Some asthma is allergy-related, and some are not, and can be stressful and debilitating regardless of allergies. The prevalence of asthma has increased by approximately 50% over the past few decades and continues to rise. More and more patients will need Asthma treatment and education, especially upon transition from season to season when other airborne issues increase.
Dr. Gorla has a passion for treating asthma after his own personal fight with it, which was most effectively treated using Chinese Herbal Medicine (CHM). Asthma is a primary example of what has become a widespread, prolific problem in conventional health management that is not solved but is only treated and corrected on a day to day basis and never eliminated or cured. The mainstream pharmaceutical approach to asthma treatment is generally either or both of:
- Corticosteroids, which immediately dilute and reduce inflammation and irritation of the lungs.Unfortunately, the most common side effects of this type of medicine are a complete lack of long-term success and an increased likelihood of upper respiratory infections.By constantly “sedating” your lung organ, it becomes less and less effective at self-cleaning and protecting itself from airborne particles and allergens.
- Beta-agonists bronchodialators, which act as stimulants to the blood flow and oxygen saturation while simultaneously expanding/inflating the lungs like a balloon. These effects produce both an increased volume of air that it inhaled and also more effective and efficient overall transfer of Oxygen from the air to your body which is the function of the lungs in the first place.
One problem with both of these options is that they do not treat the actual cause of lung inflammation, but instead fight the symptoms of Asthma which effectively “mask” the problem without eliminating it. This prevalent and somewhat uninspired approach to treating the symptoms using one or both of these medications is problematic and in many ways representative of all of our nation's healthcare methods which require ongoing use of the medicines without ever solving the problem and moving beyond to solve other issues. Additionally, long-term inhaled steroids can increase the risk of developing other health problems such as weight gain, high blood pressure, fatigue, abnormal heart rhythms, blood sugar disorders, and poor bone density.
Having been in practice for 17 years, Dr.Gorla has had many patients report that they feel like they are trading one health problem for others when taking inhaled steroids long term.
As with all ailments and conditions, the key questions that need to be asked are:
Why Are The Lungs Inflamed And What Is The Underlying Cause Of Your Asthma?
Safe and effective asthma treatment requires us to provide our patients with:
- Controlling your allergies
- Test and rehabilitation of adrenal glands, which produce powerful anti-inflammatory hormones that naturally dilate(expand) your lungs.
- Mediate and Reduce Stress
- Track and eliminate food intolerances that may be affecting the lungs
- Learn and practice breathing techniques
- Chinese Herbal Medicine as prescribed
- Reduce GI inflammation
- Restore old grief. In oriental medicine, grief weakens lung function, and Dr.Gorla has seen this to be clinically accurate with most asthma patients; medications are crucial.
"What I value most about my care under Dr. Gorla is how much my overall condition has improved. I have been diagnosed with COPD, and my breathing is better than it has been in years! I am thrilled with the results I've gotten under Dr. Gorla's care. I am now getting out five days a week, dancing, meeting people and socializing where I wasn't before his treatments!" -Pat Q
CALL TODAY FOR A COURTESY CONSULT!